A blog on things worthy of blogging.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Status in which I have statustized

Lately I've been playing around with Facebook and to my amazement they have a java development section. I'm going to see what I Facebook app's I can write with Java. If it works as I think it will, I'll be able to make Facebook apps without having to learn PHP which looks pretty rough from what I'm used to. I've also been playing a lot of eve which is starting to become very interesting. I'm still in the same cheapo ship but my skills are starting to make that ship powerful. I've also been twittering like mad and I'm still loving the Flock web browser. I found a Facebook game called AntRush which is pretty fun. It's a strategy game that doesn't require full attention which is pretty nice even though with flock I'm on all my social networks quite a bit. I was pretty amazed the other day to find this cool web service which tests your words per minute : http://labs.jphantom.com/wpm/ . I did pretty good seeing as this isn't the keyboard I usually use. I tried the Iron Man ps3 demo which was alright but certainly not the best demo I've played. Kinda repetitive game play. I think the customization of weapons which they've included would be neat however they took that bit out of the demo thus making it a one time play demo since it's very repetitive. However there was this one 40 or so MB puzzle demo I tried, I can't recall the name right at the moment however it was about EchoPerspective maybe was the name however it was a perspective game like those art styles you see of optical illusions except turned into a game, it was pretty interesting. Still playing Pain, good buy there. Not much else to say, I did get owned at my LUG when I tried to explain the frame work of my Socrates application which I'll be putting down for a few months till summer since I don't have the time or care to develop that application at the moment. I do plan on writing a facebook application like I said early I'm just not quite sure which one. I was planning on writing a basic counter with an image and simple description for world histories IGA thing. Another project I plan on doing is writing a simple GUI front end to jmePhysics engine which would prove a challenge but more than probably worth it. Sean and I have been trying to work on Teen Linux Lounge except he's a power n00b and can't get his microphone's to work so probably another week with out a TLL episode which seems to be killing the community, I hope we can keep the community going however advertising ourself as a Podcast doesn't work anymore thus leaving us as some teens who use Linux and hang out in IRC. The school's Linux front is slowly progressing which is nice to see, hopefully we can convert a few more people in the latter months of the school year. Now I'm really done.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: